Aten 50 Mg
USA Brand Name
Aten 50 Mg (Atenolol)
What Is The Generic Name For Aten 50 Mg?
Atenolol is the generic version for Aten 50 mg.
Which USA Brand is Equivalent To Aten 50 Mg (Atenolol)?
About Aten 50 Mg (Atenolol)
Aten 50mg contains an active salt, Atenolol, 50 mg which is used in the treatment of Parkinson’s disease. It is available at all the leading pharmacy, drugstores, and medical supply stores. This tablet can be given on doctor’s prescription only.
Zydus Cadila is one of the leading pharmaceutical company which manufactures Aten 50 mg.
Aten 50 mg contains an active ingredient, Atenolol, 50 mg per Tablet. It is also available in the various strengths at all the leading pharmacies, drugstores, and medical supply stores.
What Are The Uses Of The Aten 50 Mg (Atenolol)?
Aten 50 mg is used for lowering the blood pressure and relieving the chest pain due to reduced blood flow. It is also used in:
- Angina Pectoris (Chest Pain)
- Myocardial Infarction
- Other complications related to Heart and Blood vessels.
How The Aten 50 Mg (Atenolol) Works?
Aten 50 mg is beta blocker that works specifically on the heart receptors. It slows down Heart Rate and relaxes Blood vessels to improve blood flow to the organs. It comes in various strengths and you are always advised to follow your doctor’s prescription.
Before You Use The Aten 50 Mg (Atenolol)
- You must be sure that you are not taking any alcohol.
- You must be sure that your doctor knows about your medical history (time and condition of all the disease you are suffering from, and all the medicines you are taking for the treatment).
What Should You Avoid While Taking The Aten 50 Mg (Atenolol)?
- Avoid taking Alcohol
- Avoid driving and doing activities which need your alertness as this medicine makes you feel Sleepy and Dizzy
- Other Medicines without a doctor’s consultation
When Not To Use Aten 50 Mg (Atenolol)?
You should not take Aten 50 mg if you:
- Are Allergic to it
- Have slow Heart Beats
- Have Cardiogenic Shock
- Sinus Bradycardia
- Heart Block greater than first degree
Tell Your Doctor If You
- Have drug allergy
- Are taking other medicines and supplements
- Are Pregnant or trying to conceive
- Breastfeed the baby
- Have any Heart-Related Problems
- Have Kidney Disease.
- Have hyperthyroidism, Asthma, and Diabetes
How Much Of The Aten 50 Mg (Atenolol) to Be Used?
Aten 50 mg is available in various strengths at all the leading pharmacy, drugstores, and medical supply stores. Patients are always advised to take Aten 50 mg depending on the severity of the disease. It is preferable to follow your doctor’s instructions and prescriptions only.
How To Take The Aten 50 Mg (Atenolol)?
Aten 50 mg dose should be taken at a fixed time as directed by your doctor. You should swallow the Aten 50 mg as a whole with water. Do not try to chew and crush it.
For How Long Should You Continue Using an Aten 50 Mg (Atenolol)?
You are always advised to take Aten 50 mg as prescribed by your doctor. Do not start/stop using this medicine yourself. Follow all the instructions given by your doctor. Do not take it in smaller or larger amount or for longer than recommended. It may take few weeks to show improvements in the patients.
You should contact your doctor immediately if an overdose is suspected.
You should try to take every dose of Aten 50 mg at a fixed time. A missed dose should be taken as soon as you remember as it can lead to Raised Blood Pressure which can lead to Heart Attack. Skip the dose if it is the time for the next dose but do not take two doses at a single time.
What Are The Side Effects Of The Aten 50 Mg (Atenolol)?
- Blurred Vision
- Chest Pain
- Difficulty in Breathing
- Cold Hands and Feet
- Loss of Appetite
- Trouble Sleeping
- Increased Thirst
What Are The Common Drug Interactions?
Over the counter medicines, and other food supplements have been reported to interact with Aten 50 mg.It can produce some adverse effects or cause your drug not to work properly. You should always tell your doctor if you are on other medication. It interacts with the following medicines:
- Calcium Channel Blockers
- It also interacts with Alcohol so be careful in its use.
It is also reported to have interaction with the following disease conditions:
- Bradyarrhythmia (AV Block)
Warning And Precaution
- Avoid alcohol
- Avoid taking Aten 50 mg if you are going to participate in any sports events.
- Asthmatic and Diabetic Patients should use it cautiously.
- Patients having Hyperthyroidism should use it cautiously.
- Pregnant and Breastfeeding Women should use it cautiously.
- Keep out of reach of children
Things To Remember
- Aten 50 mg comes under the list of banned medicines published by World Anti Doping Agency.
- Always consult your doctor if you have any doubt regarding dose, time and strength of the Tablet.
Aten 50 mg should be taken cautiously if you are scheduled for major surgery.
Store Aten 50 mg at a cool, dark and dry place. Make sure the tablet strip should be intact and are not damaged.