Atorva 80 mg
USA Brand Name
Atorva 80 Mg
What Is The Generic Name For Atorva 80 Mg?
Atorvastatin is the generic version for Atorva 80 Mg
Which USA Brand is Equivalent To Atorva 80 Mg (Atorvastatin)?
About Atorva 80 Mg (Atorvastatin)
Atorva 80 Mg contains an active ingredient, Atorvastatin, which is used in the treatment of increased cholesterol, increased LDL levels, and increased triglycerides. It is available at all the leading pharmacy, drugstores, and medical supply stores and can be given by doctor’s prescription only.
Zydus Cadila is one of the top leading pharmaceutical companies which manufacture Atorva 80 Mg.
Atorva 80 Mg contains an active ingredient, Atorvastatin, 80 Mg. It is also available in the various strengths at all the leading pharmacy, drugstores, and medical supply stores.
What Are The Uses Of The Atorva 80 Mg (Atorvastatin)?
- Atorva 80 Mg is used in the treatment of:
- Increased Cholesterol
- Increased Triglyceride
- Increased LDL levels
How Atorva 80 Mg (Atorvastatin) Works?
Atorva 80 Mg is a cholesterol-lowering medicine which has Atorvastatin, as an active ingredient. It basically works by blocking the enzyme (HMG-CoA Reductase) which is required in the body to make cholesterol. Atorvastatin reduces the bad cholesterol (LDL, Triglyceride) and increases Good Cholesterol (HDL); hence reducing long-term cardiovascular risks such as Stroke, Heart Attack, and Chest Pain.
Before You Use Atorva 80 Mg (Atorvastatin):
- Avoid Alcohol completely as it may enhance the liver damage
- Make sure that you do not have Liver Problems
- Make sure that your doctor knows about your medical history
What Should You Avoid While Taking Atorva 80 Mg (Atorvastatin)?
- You should not take alcohol
- Other Medicines without prescriptions
When Not To Use Atorva 80 Mg (Atorvastatin)?
You should not take Atorva 80 Mg if you:
- Have allergy to atorvastatin
- Have any Liver Disorder
- Are Pregnant or Conceiving
- Do Heavy Alcohol Consumption
- Have any Heart Problem like: stroke
- Muscles Degradation in Elderly
- Have Rhabdomyolysis
Tell Your Doctor If You:
- Have Allergy to the tablet
- Have any other Heart disease
- Have any Kidney or Liver disease
- Are taking Alcohol or other drugs
- Are Pregnant or trying to Conceive
- Are Breastfeeding
- Have Increased Sugar Levels
- Have Cognitive Impairment
Atorva 80 Mg contains a statin, Atorvastatin which helps in reducing the Bad Cholesterol by inhibiting a cholesterol forming Enzyme. It is available in various strengths and should be taken as prescribed by the Doctor. You can take it with or without food but at a fixed time.
Atorvastatin can also be given to children but in low doses or depending on how a child responds to it. The dose may be increased after 4 weeks or depending upon the response to the medicine.
How Much Of The Atorva 80 Mg (Atorvastatin) to Be Used?
Atorva 80 Mg is available in various strengths at all the leading pharmacy, drugstores, and medical supply stores. Patients are always advised to follow their doctor’s prescriptions and instructions to take Atorva 80 Mg.
How To Take The Atorva 80 Mg (Atorvastatin)?
Atorva 80 Mg dose should be taken at a fixed time as directed by your doctor. You should swallow the tablet as a whole with water. Do not try to chew and crush it. It is always better to take it with or without food.
For How Long Should You Continue Using Atorva 80 Mg (Atorvastatin)?
You are always advised to take Atorva 80 Mg as prescribed by your doctor. Do not start/stop using this medicine yourself. Follow all the instructions given by your doctor. Do not take it in smaller or larger amount or for longer than recommended.
You should contact your doctor as soon as possible in case of overdose.
You should try to take every dose of Atorva 80 Mg at a fixed time. A missed dose of Atorva 80 Mg should be taken as soon as you remember. You should skip the dose if it is the time for the next dose.
What Are The Side Effects Of The Atorva 80 Mg (Atorvastatin)?
- Musculoskeletal Pain
- Allergic Reaction
- Increased Liver Enzymes
- Increased Creatin Phosphokinase Level in blood
- Increased Glucose Level
- Joint Swelling
What Are The Common Drug Interactions?
Few medicines have been reported to interact with Atorva 80 Mg. It can produce some adverse effects or cause your drug not to work properly. You should always tell your doctor if you are on other medication. It interacts with the following medicine:
This medicine also interacts with disease conditions like:
- Cognitive Impairment
- Liver Disease
- Grapefruit juice should be avoided during this medicine course as it may give side effects such as: Fever, Chills, Nausea, Muscle Pain and Weakness, Skin Rash, etc.
Warning And Precaution:
Atorva 80 Mg is contraindicated in conditions like:
- Pregnant and Breastfeeding women
- Patients with liver impairment
- Diabetic Conditions
- Always consult your doctor to get best possible treatment
Things To Remember:
- Keep out of reach of children
- Always read the information written on the leaflet of medicine.
- Always consult your doctor if you have any doubt regarding dose, time and strength of the Tablet.
Atorva 80 Mg should be taken as prescribed by your doctor. Do not stop taking this tablet before completion of the course.
Store the Atorva 80 Mg at room temperature in dark and dry place. Make sure the strip of the tablets should be intact and tablets are not damaged.