Azopt Eye Drop 1% (5 ml)
USA Brand Name
Alcon Laboratories Inc, USA
Azopt Eye Drops 1% w/v 5 Ml (Brinzolamide)
What Is The Generic Name For Pilocar:
Brinzolamide is the generic version for Pilocar
Which USA Brand is Equivalent To Azopt Eye Drops 5 Ml (Brinzolamide):
About Azopt Eye Drops 5ml (Brinzolamide):
Azopt Eye Drops 5 ml contains an active ingredient; Brinzolamide is used in the treatment of Glaucoma. You may take it from all the leading pharmacy Stores, drugstores, and medical supply stores but can be given on doctor’s prescription only.
- Eye Drops
Alcon Laboratories Inc. (USA) is one of the leading pharmaceutical companies which manufacture Azopt Eye Drops.
Azopt Eye Drops contains an active ingredient, Brinzolamide 1% w/v in a 5 ml vial which may be available in the various strengths and substitutes at all the leading pharmacy, drugstores, and medical supply stores.
What Are The Uses Of The Azopt Eye Drops 5 Ml (Brinzolamide):
- Brinzolamide is used in the treatment of:
- Post Operative Pain and Inflammation
How Azopt Eye Drops 5 Ml (Brinzolamide) Works:
Azopt Eye Drops contains Brinzolamide which basically decreases the pressure in the eye by increasing the drainage of aqueous humor (clear watery fluid filling the space in front of the eyeball)
Before You Use Azopt Eye Drops 5 Ml (Brinzolamide):
Make sure that:
- You are not allergic to Brinzolamide
- You are not using contact lenses
- You have informed your doctor about your Surgeries, Diseases, Pre-existing disease and Medications, Food Habits, Supplements, etc.)
What Should You Avoid While Taking Azopt Eye Drops 5 Ml (Brinzolamide):
You should strictly avoid taking Medicines without prescriptions
When Not To Use Azopt Eye Drops 5 Ml (Brinzolamide):
You should avoid Brinzolamide if you:
- Have ever noticed any Allergy/Hypersensitivity to it
- Have increased pressure inside the eyes, redness, swelling, itching or inflammation in eyes
- Have gone through any Eye Surgery
- Are Pregnant/Conceiving
- You should always consult your doctor for suitable and effective treatment
Tell Your Doctor If You:
- Are Allergic to it
- Have any Inflammation or any pressure problem inside the eye.
- Have redness, swelling, itching as a side effect which may get worse by time
- Have gone through an Eye Surgery
- Are Pregnant/Breastfeeding
- Are having other Diseases, Drugs or Therapies
Azopt Eye Drops 5 ml contains Brinzolamide, which is used in the treatment of Glaucoma and should be given on prescription. Always ask your doctor for the frequency and dosage as age and severity of the disease differ from person to person.
Patients are advised to take Azopt Eye Drops 5 ml at a fixed time, preferably in morning and evening time or prescribed by your doctor. Do not use all eye drops at the same time. Use every eye drops at 5-10 min intervals.
How Much Of The Azopt Eye Drops 5 Ml (Brinzolamide) to Be Used:
Patients are always advised to follow their doctor’s prescriptions and instructions to take Brinzolamide. It is better to take one drop each eye at one time.
How To Take The Azopt Eye Drops 5 Ml (Brinzolamide):
Azopt Eye Drops is taken by holding the dropper close to the eye/ear without touching it. Then, gently squeeze the dropper and place the medicine inside the lower eyelid/ear. Wipe off the extra Liquid with a Clean/ Tissue.
For How Long Should You Continue Using Azopt Eye Drops 5 Ml (Brinzolamide)
You are always advised to use the Ophthalmic Solution as prescribed by your doctor. You are not advised to take it in a large amount or for a longer time than recommended but you are always advised to complete the course of treatment.
Rinse your eyes thoroughly in case of any irritation or severe symptom of inflammation and contact your doctor immediately if you are suspecting its Overdose.
A missed dose of the Ophthalmic Solution should be taken as soon as you remember. Skip the dose you missed if it is the time for the next dose but do not use it multiple times next time.
What Are The Side Effects Of The Azopt Eye Drops 5 Ml (Brinzolamide):
- Eye itching
- Visual Impairment
- Conjunctival Disorders
- Blurred Vision
- Brinzolamide in other dosage forms can cause more side effects not listed here.
What Are The Common Drug Interactions:
Few medicines may interact with Azopt Eye Drops which can produce some adverse effects or cause your drug not to work properly. You should always tell your doctor if you are on Vitamins, other Drugs or Herbal Supplements or other Eye Drops so that a well planned medication can be followed.
Warning and Precaution:
Azopt Eye Drops 5 ml should be used very cautiously in:
- Blurred Vision
- Eye Surgeries
- Pregnant/Breastfeeding Women
- Other Eye disorders
- Consult your doctor to get best possible treatment and dosage adjustment for the better effects.
Things To Remember:
- Do not touch tip of the bottle while using it and use it within 4 weeks of opening it
- Clean your hands before using the Ophthalmic Solution
- Keep out of reach of children
- Consult your doctor if you have any doubt related to dose, time, and strength of the Tablet
Do not stop earlier /take it for longer than recommended by your physician.
Store it at room temperature in clean and dry place. Do not freeze it.