Felogard 5 Mg
USA Brand Name
Felodipine Extend Release
Felogard 5 mg (Felodipine ER)
What Is The Generic Name For Felogard 5 mg?
Felodipine ER is the generic version for Felogard 5 mg
Which USA Brand is Equivalent To Felogard 5 mg (Felodipine ER)?
About Felogard 5 mg (Felodipine ER)
Felogard 5 mg contains an active ingredient, Felodipine ER, which is used in the treatment of Heart Pain and Hypertension. Felogard 5 mg is available at all the leading pharmacies, drugstores, and medical supply stores and can be given by doctor’s prescription only.
Cipla (India) is one of the top leading pharmaceutical companies which manufacture Felogard 5 mg.
Felogard 5 mg contains an active ingredient, Felodipine ER, 5 mg. It is available in the various strengths and substitutes at all the leading pharmacy, drugstores, and medical supply stores.
What Are The Uses Of The Felogard 5 mg (Felodipine ER)?
Felogard 5 mg is used in the treatment of:
- Angina (Chest Pain)
How Felogard 5 mg (Felodipine ER) Works?
Felogard 5 mg is a Calcium Channel Blocker which has Felodipine, as an active ingredient. It basically blocks the calcium channels on Heart and Blood Vessels. Hence, reduces the Blood Pressure, Heart Rate, and Strain on Heart which prevents Heart Attack.
Before You Use Felogard 5 mg (Felodipine ER):
- Make sure that you are not allergic
- Make sure that you do not have liver or kidney problems
- Make sure that your doctor knows about your medical history
What Should You Avoid While Taking Felogard 5 mg (Felodipine ER)?
- You should avoid taking alcohol
- Other Medicines without prescriptions
When Not To Use Felogard 5 mg (Felodipine ER)?
You should not take Felogard 5 mg if you:
- Have ever noticed any allergy
- Have severe Liver/Kidney Disease
- Have Hypertrophic Cardiac Myopathy
- Are Pregnant/Conceiving/Breastfeeding
- Are Driving or Doing a Work which needs your alertness
Tell Your Doctor If You:
- Have Allergy To The Tablet
- Have any Heart Problem/s
- Have High Blood Pressure even after taking Felogard 5 mg
- Have any Kidney or Liver Disease
- Are taking Alcohol or Other Drugs
- Are Pregnant or Trying to Conceive
- Are Breastfeeding
- Feel Excessive Dizziness or Drowsiness after taking this medicine and symptoms are not improving
Felogard 5 mg contains an active ingredient, Felodipine ER, which is used in the treatment of Hypertension, and Angina (Chest Pain). It is available in various strengths and substitutes and should be given on prescription only. You should consult your doctor for dosage and time because age and severity of the disease differ from person to person and it can be judged by your doctor only.
Adults are advised to take Felogard 5 mg at a fixed time as instructed by your Doctor. You may take it with or without a meal. It is not recommended for pediatric use.
How Much Of The Felogard 5 mg (Felodipine ER) to Be Used?
Felogard 5 mg is available in various strengths and substitutes at all the leading pharmacy, drugstores, and medical supply stores. Patients are always advised to follow their doctor’s prescriptions and instructions to take Felogard 5 mg.
How To Take The Felogard 5 mg (Felodipine ER)?
Felogard 5 mg dose should be taken at a fixed time as directed by your doctor. You should swallow the tablet as a whole with water. Do not chew or crush it. It is better to take it with or without food but at a fixed time.
For How Long Should You Continue Using Felogard 5 mg (Felodipine ER)?
You are always advised to take Felogard 5 mg as prescribed by your doctor. Do not start/stop using this medicine yourself. Follow all the instructions given by the doctor. You are not advised to take it in a smaller or larger amount or for a longer time than recommended.
Contact your doctor immediately if you suspect an Overdose.
You should try to take every dose of Felogard 5 mg at a fixed time. A missed dose of Felogard 5 mg should be taken as soon as you remember. You should skip the dose if it is the time for the next dose. Do not double your dose for next time.
What Are The Side Effects Of The Felogard 5 mg (Felodipine ER)?
- Swelling Ankles and feet
- Flushing (sense of warmth in Face, Ears, Neck, and Body)
- Abdominal Pain
What Are The Common Drug Interactions?
Few medicines have been reported to interact with Felogard 5 mg. It can produce some adverse effects or cause your drug not to work properly. You should always tell your doctor if you are on other medications. It interacts with the following medicine:
This medicine also interacts with disease conditions like:
Warning And Precaution:
Felogard 5 mg is contraindicated in conditions like:
- Bleeding Disorders
- Pregnant and breastfeeding women
- Kidney and Heart Diseases
- Always consult your doctor to get the best possible treatment
Things To Remember:
- Keep out of reach of children
- Always read the information written on the leaflet of medicine.
- Always consult your doctor if you have any doubt regarding the dose, time and strength of the Tablet.
- It should not be used in hypersensitivity (Allergy).
- It should be avoided in pregnant/conceiving and breastfeeding Females
- Felogard 5 mg should be taken as prescribed by your doctor. Do not stop taking this tablet before completion of the course.
Store the Felogard 5 mg at room temperature in dark and dry place. Make sure the strip of the tablets should be intact and tablets are not damaged.