Forzest 20 Mg
|US Brand Name||Tadalafil|
|Manufacture||Hetero Labs, India|
About the brand
Forzest 20 is marketed globally by Hetero Labs/ Sun Pharma
About the drug
Active ingredient in Forzest 20 is Tadalafil.
Tadalafil is used in the treatment of erectile dysfunction (inadequate penile erection during sexual activity), pulmonary hypertension (high pressure in blood vessels of lungs), benign prostatic hyperplasia (enlarged prostate).
Manufacturer of Forzest 20
Forzest 20 having 20 mg of tadalafil is manufactured by Sunrise Remedies. It is mainly marketed and supplied by the company and its associates in India.
Forzest 20 having 20 mg of Tadalafil.
US Brands Equivalent to Tadalafil the salt in Forzest 20
ADCIRCA and CIALIS is US brand equivalent to Forzest 20
Use of Tadalafil the salt in Forzest 20
It is used to treat erectile dysfunction (ED).
a. In men, it is used to treat the signs of an enlarged prostate.
b. It is used to treat raised pressure in the lungs.
c. It may be given to you for other reasons. Talk with the doctor.
Erectile dysfunction: It is a medical condition, in which, proper erection of penis is a problem. Men are not able to erect their penis even during sexual stimulation. This leads to impotency. Forzest 20 helps in relaxing the veins and arteries in penis region leading to perfect erection before sexual activity and thus increase the satisfaction level during sexual intercourse
Pulmonary arterial Hypertension: It is a condition in which there is a raised pressure in your lungs. Forzest 20 will relax blood vessels in the lungs leads to lowering of blood pressure.
Benign prostatic hyperplasia: it is a condition in which your prostate gland is enlarged. Forzest 20 will improve the blood flow to the prostate and relax the muscles in prostate and bladder and thus help in relieving urinary symptoms.
Usually, a high dose is used for Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension than the other two indications.
How Forzest 20 works?
Forzest 20 having Tadalafil works by inhibiting the phosphodiesterase type 5 in the body. Thus it stops the degradation of cGMP( Cyclic guanosine monophosphate). Availability of cGMP helps relax the veins in penis region and thus helps in erection when there is need for sexual activity or sexual stimulation.
It inhibits phosphodiesterase type 5 (PDE-5) in the smooth muscle of pulmonary blood vessels and it results in its relaxation (help to reduce the pressure in your lungs)
How to take Forzest 20?
Forzest 20 having salt Tadalafil shall be taken before 1 hour of sexual intercourse with a glass of water. More information will be directed by your doctor. Hence consult your doctor before having Forzest 20.
Tadalafil the active salt in Forzest 20 is to be taken usually in dosage which ranges from 2.5 mg to 60 mg. More specific dose will be directed by your doctor. Hence, do not take Forzest 20 without consulting with your doctor.
How long should Forzest 20 to be continued?
Forzest 20 having Tadalafil is need to basis medicine. Consult your doctor regarding the intake and stoppage of the drug. Do not take decision on your own.
Dose of Forzest 20 missed
The possible chances of missing the dose of the drug is minimal, however, consult your doctor regarding the same. The drug is mainly taken before the actual sexual intercourse; hence missing the dose is rare.
Drug interaction with Tadalafil the salt in Forzest 20
Nitrates (Isosorbide dinitrate, isosorbide mononitrate, nitroglycerin) generally react with Tadalafil, the salt present in Forzest 20.
Tell your doctor
• If you are taking any of these drugs: Itraconazole or ketoconazole, riociguat, or ritonavir, rifampin.
• If you are taking another brand that has the same active ingredient (tadalafil)
• If you are taking another drug in the same class as of tadalafil (eg: sildenafil)
• If you are taking any of these drugs-alfuzosin, doxazosin, silodosin, tamsulosin, terazosin
When not to take Forzest 20
Do not take Forzest 20 if you have allergic reactions with the salt or excipients.
Adverse Effects / Side effects of Forzest 20
Some patients may have allergic reactions. Inform your doctor if you have any signs of allergic reaction like rash, itching, red-swollen skin, fever, trouble breathing, swollen face etc.
• Chest pain or pressure
• A fast heartbeat or a heartbeat that does not feel normal.
• Dizziness or passing out.
• A severe headache.
• Weakness on one side of the body, trouble speaking or thinking, loss of balance, drooping on one side of the face, or blurred eyesight.
• Change in eyesight.
• Loss of eyesight.
• Hearing loss or change in hearing
• Ringing in ears.
• Very bad muscle pain, back pain, soreness, or weakness.
• If you have a painful erection (hard penis) or an erection that lasts for longer than 4 hours, then call your doctor immediately. It should be treated properly otherwise it may cause lasting sex problems.
Overdose Effects of Tadalafil the salt in Forzest 20
The effects include painful and prolonged erection. Also, it can result in dizziness and discomfort. Consult your doctor immediately if you are having any of these effects.
General information and precautions
Tell your doctor;
• If you have an allergy to tadalafil or excipients in the formulation.
• If you are allergic to drugs like tadalafil (eg : sildenafil) or to any other drugs or foods.( Inform your doctor if you have any signs of allergic reaction like rash, itching, red-swollen skin, fever, trouble breathing, swollen face etc.)
• If you have kidney disease or liver disease.
• If you had a heart attack within the last 90 days.
• If you have chest pain during sex, heart failure, an abnormal heartbeat, high or low blood pressure, or a stroke within the last 6 months.
• Older people (65 or older) may have more side effects. So use this drug with care.
• If you are, use this drug with care. You could have more side effects.