Mucinac 600 Mg
USA Brand Name
Mucinac 600 Mg (Acetylcysteine)
What Is The Generic Name For Mucinac?
Acetylcysteine is the generic version for Mucinac
Which USA Brand is Equivalent To Mucinac 600 Mg (Acetylcysteine)?
About Mucinac 600 Mg (Acetylcysteine)
Mucinac 600 mg contains an active ingredient, Acetylcysteine, a Mucolytic and an Antidote in Paracetamol Poisoning and its availability at all the leading pharmacies, drugstores, and medical supply stores and can be given by doctor’s prescription only.
Cipla (India) is one of the leading pharmaceutical company which is manufactured Mucinac 600 mg.
Mucinac 600 mg contains an active ingredient, Acetylcysteine, 600 mg which is available in the various strengths and substitutes at all the leading pharmacies, drugstores, and medical supply stores.
What Are The Uses Of The Mucinac 600 Mg (Acetylcysteine)?
Mucinac 600 mg is used in the treatment of:
- Keratoconjunctivitis Sicca (Dry Eye Syndrome)
- Paracetamol Poisoning
How Mucinac 600 Mg (Acetylcysteine) Works?
Mucinac 600 mg containing Acetylcysteine is an orange effervescent tablet; a mucolytic medication. It loosens thick mucus (phlegm) in the nose, windpipe, and lungs, makes it easier to cough out. Acetylcysteine also works as an antidote in paracetamol poisoning by replenishing the body's stores of glutathione, a chemical that removes toxic substances.
Before You Use Mucinac 600 Mg (Acetylcysteine):
Make sure that:
- You are not allergic to Acetylcysteine
- You do not take alcohol
- Your doctor knows about your Surgeries, Diseases, Pre-existing disease and Medications, Food Habits, Supplements, etc.)
What Should You Avoid While Taking Mucinac 600 Mg (Acetylcysteine)?
- You should avoid taking alcohol
- You should avoid Driving as it may cause Dizziness
- You should avoid taking Medicines without prescriptions
When Not To Use Mucinac 600 Mg (Acetylcysteine)?
You should not take Mucinac 600 mg if you:
- Have ever noticed any Allergy/Hypersensitivity
- Have Asthma or Bronchospasm
- Are Pregnant/Conceiving/Breastfeeding
Tell Your Doctor If You:
- Have Allergy To The Tablet
- Have Lung Disease like Asthma and Bronchospasm
- Are Pregnant or Trying to Conceive/Breastfeeding
Mucinac 600 mg contains an active ingredient, Acetylcysteine which is a Mucolytic and Antidote and available in various strengths and substitutes and should be given on prescription only. You should consult your doctor for the duration of dosage and frequency as the age and severity of the disease differ from person to person.
Adults are advised to take Mucinac 600 mg effervescent tablet at a fixed time with or without food as instructed by your Doctor. The injection form of the medicine used for paracetamol poisoning should be administered carefully under the supervision of a doctor with periodic monitoring.
How Much Of The Mucinac 600 Mg (Acetylcysteine) to Be Used?
Mucinac 600 mg is available in various strengths and substitutes at all the leading pharmacy, drugstores, and medical supply stores. Patients are always advised to follow their doctor’s prescriptions and instructions to take Mucinac 600 mg.
How To Take The Mucinac 600 Mg (Acetylcysteine)?
Mucinac 600 mg dose should be taken at a fixed time as directed by your doctor. You must swallow the tablet as a whole with water without chewing or crushing it. It is better to take it with or without food.
For How Long Should You Continue Using Mucinac 600 Mg?
You are always advised to take Mucinac 600 mg as prescribed by your doctor. You are not advised to take it in the larger amount or for a longer time than recommended.
Always contact your doctor immediately if you are suspecting an Overdose.
A missed dose of Mucinac 600 mg should be taken as soon as you remember. Skip the dose if it is the time for the next dose. Do not double the dose next time if you missed once.
What Are The Side Effects Of The Mucinac 600 Mg (Acetylcysteine)?
- Unusual tiredness and weakness
- Increase in body fat and cholesterol
- Swelling of face, lips, eyelids, tongue, hands, and feet
- Chest pain and discomfort
- Decreased blood pressure
- Difficulty in breathing
- Weight gain
- Burning, numbness, tingling in the arms and feet
- Allergic Skin Reactions like Skin Rash and Itching
What Are The Common Drug Interactions?
Few medicines have been reported to interact with Mucinac 600 mg. It can produce some adverse effects or cause your drug not to work properly. You should always tell your doctor if you are on other Medication, Vitamin or Mineral Supplements. It interacts with the following medicines:
Warning And Precaution:
Mucinac 600 mg should be used cautiously in the conditions like:
- Allergic Skin Reactions
- Keratoconjunctivitis (it should not be taken with oral antibiotics)
- Always consult your doctor to get the best possible treatment and dosage adjustment in the above conditions.
Things To Remember:
- Keep out of reach of children
- Always read the information written on the leaflet of medicine
- Consult the doctor if you have any confusion related to dose, time, and strength of the Tablet
Mucinac 600 mg should be taken as prescribed by your doctor. Always take the doses on time and regularly as per schedule. Do not stop in between even if you feel better.
Store the Mucinac 600 mg at room temperature in a dark and dry place. Make sure the strip of the tablets should be intact and not damaged.