Ocuvir Dispersible Tablets 200 Mg
USA Brand Name
Ocuvir Dispersible Tablets 200 Mg (Acyclovir)
What Is The Generic Name Of Ocuvir:
Acyclovir is the generic version of Ocuvir
USA Brands Equivalent To Ocuvir Dispersible Tablets 200 Mg (Acyclovir):
- Zovirax Tablets
About Ocuvir Dispersible Tablets 200 Mg (Acyclovir):
Ocuvir DT 200 Mg is antiviral Dispersible tablets having Acyclovir as an active moiety which is used to Herpes Labialis, Genital Herpes Infection, Chicken Pox, and Eye Infections by Herpes Simplex Virus. You can find this prescription based drug at all the leading online pharmacy, drugstores, and medical supply stores.
Manufacturer Of Ocuvir Dispersible Tablets 200 Mg (Acyclovir):
Torrent Pharmaceuticals (India) is the one of the top leading Pharmaceutical Company which manufactures Ocuvir Dispersible Tablets 200 Mg.
Strength Ocuvir Dispersible Tablets 200 Mg (Acyclovir):
Ocuvir DT contains Acyclovir, 200 mg per tablet. This medicine may be available in various strengths.
Ocuvir Dispersible Tablet 200 Mg (Acyclovir) Is Used For The Treatment Of:
It is used in the treatment of:
- Herpes Zoster Infections
- Genital Herpes
How Ocuvir Dispersible Tablets 200 Mg (Acyclovir) Works:
Acyclovir is an active antiviral medication in Ocuvir tablets which acts by preventing the multiplication of the virus in human cells thus stopping the virus from producing new viruses.
Before You Use Ocuvir Dispersible Tablets 200 Mg (Acyclovir):
You should be sure that:
- You are not allergic to it
- It is not affecting the mother and baby during pregnancy/breastfeeding
- It is not interacting with the medicines you are taking with it
When Not To Use Ocuvir Dispersible Tablets 200 Mg (Acyclovir):
You should avoid using the tablets if you:
- Are Allergic/Hypersensitive to it
- If you are taking some medicines/supplements which raise the chances of Allergy or sunburn like Antibiotics and Medicines used in mood disorders
- If you are pregnant/conceiving/Breastfeeding
Tell Your Doctor If You:
- Are allergic to Ocuvir DT or any of its content
- Are taking any other medicines for any disease or disorder
- Are using some Herbal Products or OTC medicines
- Are Pregnant or trying to conceive or breastfeeding as it may harm the unborn or newly born baby
- Have accidentally swallowed it
- Have any Pre-existing Skin Disease, or any Surgery
Ocuvir Dispersible Tablets 200 Mg (Acyclovir) are used for viral infections like herpes or chicken pox or eye infection and are also available in various substitutes with different strengths at every leading online pharmacy stores, drugstore, and medical supply store. Always ask your doctor about the dosage and frequency of the drug as severity or age make a difference in dose of the drug to be taken which varies in every individual.
Patients are advised to take every dose at fixed time as directed by the doctor. It is not recommended for pregnant/breastfeeding women and children.
How Much Of Ocuvir Dispersible Tablets 200 Mg (Acyclovir) Should Be Applied:
You are advised to take the dose as suggested by your doctor. Do not exceed than prescribed and try not to skip or stop in between the course even if you are feeling better.
How To Use Ocuvir Dispersible Tablets 200 Mg (Acyclovir):
Ocuvir Dispersible Tablets 200 mg should be taken at a fixed time with or without food or as directed by your doctor. Swallow the tablet as a whole with water without chewing or crushing it. Do not give the tablets to others if you are feeling the same symptoms like you in others.
For How Long Should You Continue Applying Ocuvir Dispersible Tablets 200 Mg (Acyclovir):
You should take these tablets for as long as directed by your physician. Moreover, its effects usually become noticeable (2-3 days to weeks). Do not stop taking in between if you are unable to see the effects soon. Always contact your doctor for any decision you want to take or he wanted you to take.
Overdose Of Ocuvir Dispersible Tablets 200 Mg (Acyclovir):
Contact your doctor or reach nearby medical emergency centre if you are experiencing overdose symptoms like Swelling and redness, unusual tiredness and weakness, Black or tarry stools, etc.
Missed Dose Of Ocuvir Dispersible Tablets 200 Mg (Acyclovir):
A missed dose of Ocuvir Dispersible Tablets 200 mg should be taken as soon as you remember. Skip the dose if it is the time for the next dose. Do not double the dose for next time if you missed once. Inform or ask your doctor if you have missed multiple doses.
Side Effects Of Ocuvir Dispersible Tablets 200 Mg (Acyclovir):
The side effects of Ocuvir Dispersible Tablets 200 Mg include:
- Swelling and redness at the injection site
- Abdominal pain
- Increased thirst
- Loss of appetite
- Unusual tiredness and weakness
- Black or tarry stools
- Fever with chills
- Unusual bleeding
Drugs Interact With Ocuvir Dispersible Tablets 200 Mg (Acyclovir):
Using other OTC drugs, herbal supplements, vitamins, or any other substances may alter the medicinal effects of Ocuvir Dispersible Tablets 200 Mg. It may cause either an allergic reaction or a serious adverse effect and may nullify the effect of your tablets. Few drugs that are known to interact with Ocuvir Dispersible Tablets 200 Mg are mentioned below:
Ocuvir Dispersible Tablets 200 Mg should not be used in:
- Hypersensitive conditions/allergy
- Sunburnt Skin
- Open wounds and Injured Skin
- It is used with extra caution in Kidney stones and old age people
- It is not recommended for infants (<2 years) and in pregnant or breastfeeding women
Warning And Precautions:
- Stop using it and consult your doctor if skin irritation or allergy persists.
- Never use the expired product.
- Always keep the tablets in proper conditions and out of the reach and sight of the children.
- Do not have intercourse if you have genital sores or blisters. Even if you are taking Acivir for herpes, you should use barrier methods (condoms) during intercourse as you can still pass the disease on to other people.
Things To Remember:
- Take plenty of water while taking this medicine to avoid kidney damage and accumulation of the medicine.
- Read the insert/leaflet of the tablets thoroughly.
- Inform your doctor about your medical history and follow the instructions as directed by the doctor.
How To Store Ocuvir Dispersible Tablets 200 Mg (Acyclovir):
Keep Ocuvir DT 200 mg at cool temperature in a dry, dark and clean place. Avoid refrigeration of the tablets.