Alevo 250 Mg
USA Brand Name
Alkem Laboratories, India
Alevo 250 Mg (Levofloxacin)
What Is The Generic Name For Alevo 250 Mg:
Levofloxacin is the generic version for Alevo 250 Mg
Which USA Brand is Equivalent To Alevo 250 Mg (Levofloxacin):
About Alevo 250 Mg (Levofloxacin):
Alevo 250 Mg contains an active ingredient, Levofloxacin, an antibiotic, which is used in the treatment of Bacterial Infections like: Cystitis, Infections of Urinary Tract, Anthrax, and Pneumonia. You may find it at all the leading pharmacy, drugstores, and medical supply stores and can be given by doctor’s prescription only.
Alkem Pharmaceuticals (India) is one of the leading pharmaceutical companies manufacturing Alevo 250 Mg.
Alevo tablets contain Levofloxacin, 250 mg per tablet which is also available in the various strengths at all the leading pharmacy, drugstores, and medical supply stores.
What Are The Uses Of The Alevo 250 Mg (Levofloxacin):
Alevo 250 Mg is used in the treatment of Bacterial Infections:
- Nongonococcal Urethritis
- Skin and Structure Infection
- Inhalation Anthrax
How Alevo 250 Mg (Levofloxacin) Works:
Alevo 250 mg is an antibiotic which has Levofloxacin, an antibiotic which basically kills the bacteria by inhibiting the DNA replication.
Before You Use Alevo 250 Mg (Levofloxacin):
- Make sure that you do not take Alcohol
- Make sure that you do not take OTC medicines without prescriptions
- Make sure that your doctor knows about your medical history (Pre-existing Diseases, Surgeries, or Medication)
What Should You Avoid While Taking Alevo 250 Mg (Levofloxacin):
- You should not drive after taking this tablet
- You should avoid coffee, chocolate, tea, and food containing cocoa and caffeine
- Other Medicines without prescriptions
When Not To Use Alevo 250 Mg (Levofloxacin):
You should not take Alevo 250 mg if you:
- Have ever noticed allergy to Bactericidal Antibiotics
- Have flu and cold symptoms
- Have any Liver/Kidney/Heart Disease
- Have Epilepsy
- Are pregnant or conceiving/Breastfeeding
Tell Your Doctor If You:
- Have allergy to the tablet
- Have any other heart disease
- Have Numbness, Tingling Sensation, and Pain in Tension
- Have any kidney or liver disease
- Are taking alcohol or other drugs
- Have Epilepsy or Seizures
- Are Pregnant or trying to conceive
- Are Breastfeeding
Alevo 250 mg contains an active ingredient, Levofloxacin 250 mg, used in the treatment of Bacterial Infections. Alevo 250 mg is available in various strengths and substitutes and should be given on prescription only. You should always consult your doctor before use and always ask for the frequency and dosage as age and severity of the disease differ from person to person.
Adults are advised to take Alevo 250 mg at a fixed time, with or without food. Do not consume larger or smaller amounts than Prescribed.
How Much Of The Alevo 250 Mg (Levofloxacin) to Be Used:
Alevo 250 mg should be taken in the dose as prescribed by your doctor. Do not exceed or reduce the dose as per your choice
How To Take The Alevo 250 Mg (Levofloxacin):
Alevo 250 mg dose should be taken at a fixed time with or without food. You should swallow the tablet as a whole with water without chewing and crushing it.
For How Long Should You Continue Using Alevo 250 Mg (Levofloxacin):
You are always advised to take Alevo 250 mg as prescribed by your doctor. Do not start/stop using this medicine yourself. Do not take it in larger or smaller amount or for longer than recommended.
Contact your physician immediately if you are suspecting the overdose symptoms.
You must try to take every dose of Alevo 250 mg at a fixed time. A missed dose should be taken as soon as you remember. Skip the dose if it is the time for the next dose.
What Are The Side Effects Of The Alevo 250 Mg (Levofloxacin):
- Abdominal pain
- Skin Rash and swelling of eyes, throat, limbs, etc.
- Redness of skin
- Change in taste
- Nausea or vomiting
What Are The Common Drug Interactions:
Alevo 250 mg can interact with some medicines taken parallel to it. These interactions can produce some adverse effects or cause your drug not to work properly. You should always tell your doctor if you are on other Medication, Beverages or Herbal Supplements. It usually interacts with the following medicines:
- Ethinyl Estradiol
- Antidiabetic drugs
This medicine also interacts with disease conditions like:
- Central Nervous System Disorder
- QT prolongation
- Colitis (Diarrhea, Abdominal Pain, and Blood in Stools)
Warning And Precaution:
Alevo 250 Mg is contraindicated in some conditions; hence it should be used cautiously in:
- CNS Disorders
- Heart Problems
- Pregnant and Breastfeeding women
- Patients with liver and kidney disease
- Always consult your doctor to get best possible treatment
Things To Remember:
- Keep out of reach of children
- Always read the information written on the leaflet of medicine.
- Always consult your doctor if you have any doubt regarding dose, time and strength of the Tablet.
Alevo 250 mg should be taken as prescribed by your doctor. Do not stop taking this tablet before completion of the course.
Store the Alevo 250 mg at room temperature in dark and dry place. Make sure the strip of the tablets should be intact and tablets are not damaged.