Glucobay 50 Mg
US Brand Name
Glucobay 50 Mg (Acarbose)
What Is The Generic Name For Glucobay 50 Mg?
Acarbose is the generic version for Glucobay 50 mg
Which US Brand is Equivalent To Glucobay 50 Mg (Acarbose)?
About Glucobay 50 Mg (Acarbose)
Glucobay 50 mg contains an active ingredient, Acarbose, an Antidiabetic drug which is used to control elevated levels of Blood Glucose. It is used to treat Type II Diabetes. Glucobay 50 mg is available at all the leading pharmacy, drugstores, and medical supply stores and can be given by doctor’s prescription only.
Bayer Pharmaceuticals (India) is one of the top leading pharmaceutical companies which manufacture Glucobay 50 mg.
Glucobay 50 mg contains an active ingredient, Acarbose, 50 mg. It is widely available in the various strengths at all the leading pharmacy, drugstores, and medical supply stores.
What Are The Uses Of The Glucobay 50 Mg (Acarbose)?
Glucobay 50 mg is used in the treatment of:
- Type II Diabetes
How Glucobay 50 Mg (Acarbose) Works?
Glucobay 50 mg is an antibiotic which has Acarbose, as an active ingredient. It basically inhibits the enzymes which are responsible for the breakdown of complex sugar into simple sugars such as glucose. Hence, it slows down the digestion of sugar in the intestines and primarily lowers the post-meal rise in Blood sugar levels.
Before You Use Glucobay 50 Mg (Acarbose)?
- Make sure that you are not allergic
- Make sure that you do not have liver or kidney problems
- Make sure that your doctor knows about your medical history (Pre-existing Disease, Surgeries or Medications)
What Should You Avoid While Taking Glucobay 50 Mg (Acarbose)?
- You should avoid taking alcohol
- You should avoid taking Bile Acid Resins and Antacids.
- You should avoid taking medicines without prescriptions
When Not To Use Glucobay 50 Mg (Acarbose)?
You should not take Glucobay 50 mg if you:
- Have ever noticed any allergy
- Have severe Liver/Kidney/Intestinal Disease
- Are Pregnant/Conceiving/Breastfeeding
Tell Your Doctor If You:
- Have Allergy To The Tablet
- Have any Heart Problem
- Have Intestinal Disorders, Hernias or Ulcers
- Have any Kidney or Liver Disease
- Are taking Alcohol or Other Drugs
- Are Pregnant or Trying to Conceive
- Are Breastfeeding
Glucobay 50 mg contains an active ingredient, Acarbose, an Antidiabetic drug that is used to control elevated levels of Blood Glucose. It is used in Type II Diabetes Treatment. It is available in various strengths and Substitutes and should be given on prescription only. You should consult your doctor for dosage and time of Glucobay 50 mg because the age and severity of the disease differ from person to person and it can be judged by your doctor only.
Adults are advised to take Glucobay 50 mg at a fixed time as instructed by your Doctor. You may prevent a few Side Effects by taking it just before the meal.
How Much Of The Glucobay 50 Mg (Acarbose) to Be Used?
Glucobay 50 mg is available in various strengths at all the leading pharmacies, drugstores, and medical supply stores. Patients are always advised to follow their doctor’s prescriptions and instructions to take Glucobay 50 mg.
How To Take The Glucobay 50 Mg (Acarbose)?
Glucobay 50 mg dose should be taken at a fixed time as directed by your doctor. You should swallow the tablet as a whole with water. Do not chew or crush it. It is better to take it just before every meal.
For How Long Should You Continue Using Glucobay 50 Mg (Acarbose)?
You are always advised to take Glucobay 50 mg as prescribed by your doctor. Do not start/stop using this medicine yourself. Follow all the instructions given by your doctor. You are not advised to take it in a smaller or larger amount or for a longer time than recommended.
Contact your doctor immediately if you suspect an Overdose.
You should try to take every dose of Glucobay 50 mg at a fixed time. A missed dose of Glucobay 50 mg should be taken as soon as you remember. You should skip the dose if it is the time for the next dose. Do not double the dose next time if you missed it once.
What Are The Side Effects Of The Glucobay 50 Mg (Acarbose):
- Abdominal Pain
- Yellow Colored Eyes and Skin
What Are The Common Drug Interactions?
Few medicines have been reported to interact with Glucobay 50 mg. It can produce some adverse effects or cause your drug not to work properly. You should always tell your doctor if you are on other medications. It interacts with the following medicine:
This medicine also interacts with disease conditions like:
- Impaired Liver Function
- Diabetic Ketoacidosis
- Gastrointestinal Disease
Warning And Precaution:
Glucobay 50 mg is used cautiously in conditions like:
- Gastrointestinal diseases
- Liver Function Impairment (You should go for a liver function test when required)
- Pregnant/ Breastfeeding women
- Always consult your doctor to get the best possible treatment
Things To Remember:
- You should go for the regular Blood Sugar Test
- Always carry some candies to avoid sudden Hypoglycemia (lowering of Blood Glucose)
- Keep out of reach of children
- Always read the information written on the leaflet of medicine.
- Always consult your doctor if you have any doubt regarding the dose, time and strength of the Tablet.
- You can take Glucobay 50 mg just before the meal to prevent a few side effects.
- It may reduce the Sugar levels (Hypoglycemia) if taken with sulfonylureas.
- Glucobay 50 mg should be taken as prescribed by your doctor. Do not stop taking this tablet before completion of the course.
Store the Glucobay 50 mg at room temperature in dark and dry place. Make sure the strip of the tablets should be intact and tablets are not damaged.