Januvia 25 Mg
USA Brand Name
MSD Pharmaceuticals, India
Januvia 25 Mg (Sitagliptin)
What Is The Generic Name For Januvia 25 Mg?
Sitagliptin is the generic version for Januvia 25 mg
Which USA Brand is Equivalent To Januvia 25 Mg (Sitagliptin)?
About Januvia 25 Mg (Sitagliptin)
Januvia contains an active ingredient, Sitagliptin, which is used in the treatment of Type II Diabetes and available at all the leading pharmacies, drugstores, and medical supply stores but can be given by doctor’s prescription only.
MSD Pharmaceuticals (India) is one of the leading pharmaceutical companies which manufacture Januvia 25 mg.
Januvia 25 mg contains an active ingredient, Sitagliptin, 25 mg. It is also available in the various strengths at all the leading pharmacies, drugstores, and medical supply stores.
What Are The Uses Of The Januvia 25 Mg (Sitagliptin)?
Januvia 25 mg is used in the treatment of:
Type II Diabetes
How Januvia 25 Mg (Sitagliptin) Works?
Januvia 25 mg is an antibiotic which has Sitagliptin, as an active ingredient. It basically increases the amount of insulin produced by the pancreas after the meal when blood sugar is high. It works effectively if a planned diet and exercise are being done.
Before You Use Januvia 25 Mg (Sitagliptin):
- Make sure that you are not Allergic to Sitagliptin
- Make sure that you are not taking Alcohol
- Make sure that you do not have Liver or kidney problems
- Make sure that your doctor knows about your medical history (all your Pre-existing Diseases, Surgeries or Medicines)
What Should You Avoid While Taking Januvia 25 Mg (Sitagliptin)?
- You should avoid taking alcohol
- You should avoid taking other medicines without prescriptions
When Not To Use Januvia 25 Mg (Sitagliptin)?
You should not take Januvia 25 mg if you:
- Have ever noticed any allergy to it
- Have severe Liver/Kidney/Heart Disease
- Are Pregnant/Conceiving/Breastfeeding
Tell Your Doctor If You:
- Have Allergy To The Tablet
- Have Asthma
- Have severe joint pain
- Have or ever had Gall stones
- Have pancreatitis symptoms like Stomach Pain, Nausea/Vomiting, etc.
- Have any Heart Problem
- Have any Kidney or Liver Disease
- Are taking Alcohol or Other Drugs
- Are Pregnant or Trying to Conceive
- Are Breastfeeding
Januvia 25 mg contains an active ingredient, Sitagliptin, which is used in the treatment of Type II Diabetes. It is available in various strengths and should be given on prescription only. You should consult your doctor for dosage and duration because the age and severity of the disease differ from person to person.
Adults are advised to take Januvia 25 mg at a fixed time as instructed by your Doctor. You may take it with or without the meal but at a fixed time. It should be not given to anyone younger than 18 yrs.
How Much Of The Januvia 25 Mg (Sitagliptin) to Be Used?
Januvia 25 mg is available in various strengths at all the leading pharmacies, drugstores, and medical supply stores. Patients are always advised to follow their doctor’s prescriptions and instructions to take Januvia 25 mg.
How To Take The Januvia 25 Mg (Sitagliptin)?
Januvia 25 mg dose should be taken at a fixed time as directed by your doctor. You should swallow the tablet as a whole with water. Do not chew or crush it. It is better to take it with or without food.
For How Long Should You Continue Using Januvia 25 Mg (Sitagliptin)?
You are always advised to take Januvia 25 mg as prescribed by your doctor. Do not start/stop using this medicine yourself. Follow the instructions given by your doctor. You are not advised to take it in a smaller or larger amount or for a longer time than recommended. Also, do not stop abruptly as it may show few unwanted side effects after withdrawal.
Contact your doctor immediately if you suspect an Overdose.
You should try to take every dose of Januvia 25 mg at a fixed time. A missed dose of Januvia 25 mg should be taken as soon as you remember. You should skip the dose if it is the time for the next dose. Do not double the dose next time.
What Are The Side Effects Of The Januvia 25 Mg (Sitagliptin)?
- Increased Thirst
- Dry mouth
- Muscle and Back Pain
- Frequent Urination
- Dry Skin
- Blurred Vision
- Weight loss
- Loss of Appetite
What Are The Common Drug Interactions?
Few medicines have been reported to interact with Januvia 25 mg. It can produce some adverse effects or cause your drug not to work properly. You should always tell your doctor if you are on other medication, Herbal Supplements, Beverages, etc. It interacts with many medicines and few are the following:
This medicine also interacts with disease conditions like:
- Renal Dysfunction
Warning And Precaution:
Januvia 25 mg should be used cautiously in conditions like:
- Autoimmune Disorders
- Heart Failures
- Bleeding Disorders
- Pregnant and breastfeeding women
- Kidney and Liver Disease
- Always consult your doctor to get the best possible treatment
Things To Remember:
- You should monitor Blood Glucose Levels regularly
- Keep out of reach of children
- Always read the information written on the leaflet of medicine.
- Always consult your doctor if you have any doubt regarding the dose, time and strength of the Tablet.
- Diet Planning and regular Exercise helps medicine work better.
- Do not go for vigorous Exercise, it may lower your Sugar level and you may experience Severe Hypoglycemia
- Januvia 25 mg should be taken as prescribed by your doctor. Do not stop taking this tablet before completion of the course.
Store the Januvia 25 mg at room temperature in a dark and dry place. Make sure the strip of the tablets should be intact and not damaged.