Lotensyl 10 Mg
USA Brand Name
Sun Pharma Laboratories, India
Lotensyl 10 Mg (Lercanidipine)
What Is The Generic Name For Lotensyl 10 Mg?
Lercanidipine is the generic version for Lotensyl 10 mg
Which USA Brand is Equivalent To Lotensyl 10 Mg (Lercanidipine)?
About Lotensyl 10 Mg (Lercanidipine)
Lotensyl 10 mg contains an active ingredient, Lercanidipine, which is used in the treatment of Hypertension and Chest Pain associated with Heart Attack and available at all the leading pharmacy, drugstores, and medical supply stores and can be given by doctor’s prescription only.
Sun Pharma Laboratories (India) is one of the leading pharmaceutical companies which manufacture Lotensyl 10 mg.
Lotensyl 10 mg contains an active ingredient, Lercanidipine, 100 mg which is available in the various strengths and substitutes at all the leading pharmacy, drugstores, and medical supply stores.
What Are The Uses Of The Lotensyl 10 Mg (Lercanidipine)?
Lotensyl 10 mg is used in the treatment of:
- Chest Pain Associated with Heart Attack
How Lotensyl 10 Mg (Lercanidipine) Works?
Lotensyl 10 mg has an active ingredient, Lercanidipine, a calcium channel blocker. It basically blocks the action of calcium on the heart and blood vessels which lowers the blood pressure, abnormally fast heartbeat and reduces strain on the heart following a heart attack.
Before You Use Lotensyl 10 Mg (Lercanidipine):
Make sure that:
- You are not allergic to Lercanidipine
- You do not take alcohol
- Your doctor knows about your Surgeries, Diseases, Pre- existing disease and Medications, Food Habits, Supplements, etc.)
What Should You Avoid While Taking Lotensyl 10 Mg (Lercanidipine)?
- You should avoid taking alcohol
- You should avoid Driving as it may cause Dizziness
- You should avoid taking Medicines without prescriptions
When Not To Use Lotensyl 10 Mg (Lercanidipine)?
You should not take Lotensyl 10 mg if you:
- Have ever noticed any Allergy/Hypersensitivity
- Have Severe Liver/Kidney Ailments
- Are Pregnant/Conceiving/Breastfeeding
Tell Your Doctor If You:
- Have Allergy To The Tablet
- Have Diabetes
- Have any Kidney/Liver Disease
- Are taking Alcohol or Other Drugs
- Are Pregnant or Trying to Conceive
- Are Breastfeeding
- Always talk to your doctor if your heart conditions (Palpitation, Faster Heart Beats, etc) persist even after treatment.
Lotensyl 10 mg contains an active ingredient, Lercanidipine, which is used in the treatment of Hypertension, Chest Pain. It is available in various strengths and substitutes and should be given on prescription only. You should consult your doctor for duration of dosage and frequency as age and severity of the disease differ from person to person.
Adults are advised to take Lotensyl 10 mg at a fixed time with food as instructed by your Doctor. Try to take it regularly by time for better effects.
How Much Of The Lotensyl 10 Mg (Lercanidipine) to Be Used?
Lotensyl 10 mg is available in various strengths and substitutes at all the leading pharmacy, drugstores, and medical supply stores. Patients are always advised to follow their doctor’s prescriptions and instructions to take Lotensyl 10 mg.
How To Take The Lotensyl 10 Mg (Lercanidipine)?
Lotensyl 10 mg dose should be taken at a fixed time as directed by your doctor. You must swallow the tablet as a whole with water. Do not chew or crush it. It is better to take it 10-30 min before Breakfast. Lotensyl 10 mg is preferably taken regularly on time as directed by your physician.
For How Long Should You Continue Using Lotensyl 10 Mg (Lercanidipine)?
You are always advised to take Lotensyl 10 mg as prescribed by your doctor. Do not start/stop using this medicine yourself even you are feeling better. You are not advised to take it in larger amount or for a longer time than recommended.
Contact your doctor immediately if you suspect an Overdose.
You should try to take every dose of Lotensyl 10 mg at a fixed time. A missed dose of Lotensyl 10 mg should be taken as soon as you remember. Just skip the dose if it is the time for the next dose. Do not double the dose for next time if you missed once.
What Are The Side Effects Of The Lotensyl 10 Mg (Lercanidipine)?
- Stomach Pain
- Difficulty or Painful Urination
- Fast Heartbeats
- Back Pain
- Weakness/Swelling in Arms, Hands, Legs or Feet
What Are The Common Drug Interactions?
Few medicines have been reported to interact with Lotensyl 10 mg. It can produce some adverse effects or cause your drug not to work properly. You should always tell your doctor if you are on other medication or Herbal Supplements. It interacts with the following medicines:
Warning And Precaution:
Lotensyl 10 mg can worsen the conditions like:
- Impaired Liver/Kidney Function
- It should be given cautiously in Pregnant and Breastfeeding women
- Always consult your doctor to get best possible treatment when you are suffering from all these conditions
Things To Remember:
- To lower the risk of lightheadedness or dizziness, rise up slowly from lying or sitting position
- Keep out of reach of children
- Always read the information written on the leaflet of medicine
- Always consult your doctor if you have any doubt regarding dose, time, and strength of the Tablet
Lotensyl 10 mg should be taken as prescribed by your doctor. Always take the doses on time and regularly as per schedule. Do not stop in between even if you feel better.
Store the Lotensyl 10 mg at room temperature in dark and dry place. Make sure the strip of the tablets should be intact and not damaged.