Nevanac Eye Drop 5 ml
USA Brand Name
Nepafenac Opthalmic solution
Nepafenac Opthalmic solution
Alcon Laboratories Inc, USA
Nevanac Ophthalmic Solution 5 Ml (Nepafenac)
What Is The Generic Name For Nepafenac?
Nepafenac Opthalmic solution is the generic version for Nevanac Ophthalmic Solution
Which USA Brand is Equivalent To Nevanac Ophthalmic Solution 5 Ml (Nepafenac)?
- Nepafenac Ophthalmic Solution
About Nevanac Ophthalmic Solution 5ml (Nepafenac):
Nevanac Ophthalmic Solution 5 ml contains an active ingredient, Nepafenac, an NSAID which is used for the treatment of postoperative Pain or Inflammation. You may buy it from all the leading pharmacy Stores, drugstores, and medical supply stores but can be given on doctor’s prescription only.
- Ophthalmic Solution
Cipla (India) is one of the leading pharmaceutical companies which manufacture Nevanac Ophthalmic Solution.
Nevanac Ophthalmic Solution contains an active ingredient, Nepafenac in a 5 ml vial which may be available in the various strengths and substitutes at all the leading pharmacy, drugstores, and medical supply stores.
What Are The Uses Of The Nevanac Ophthalmic Solution 5 Ml (Nepafenac)?
- Nepafenac is used in the treatment of:
- Post Operative Pain and Inflammation
How Nevanac Ophthalmic Solution 5 Ml (Nepafenac) Works?
Nevanac Ophthalmic Solution 5 ml is consisting of Nepafenac, a Non Steroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drug which stops the release of certain natural substances in the eye that are responsible for Pain and Inflammation (Redness and Swelling).
Before You Use Nevanac Ophthalmic Solution 5 Ml (Nepafenac):
Make sure that:
- You are not allergic to Nepafenac
- You are not using contact lenses
- Your doctor knows about your Surgeries, Diseases, Pre-existing disease and Medications, Food Habits, Supplements, etc.)
What Should You Avoid While Taking Nevanac Ophthalmic Solution 5 Ml (Nepafenac)?
You should strictly avoid taking Medicines without prescriptions
When Not To Use Nevanac Ophthalmic Solution 5 Ml (Nepafenac)?
You should avoid Nepafenac if you:
- Have ever noticed any Allergy/Hypersensitivity to it
- Have increased pressure inside the eyes, redness, swelling, itching or inflammation in eyes
- Have gone through any Eye Surgery
- Are Pregnant/Conceiving
- You should always consult your doctor for suitable and effective treatment
Tell Your Doctor If You:
- Are Allergic to it
- Have any Inflammation or any pressure problem inside the eye.
- Have redness, swelling, itching as a side effect which may get worse by time
- Have gone through an Eye Surgery
- Are Pregnant/Breastfeeding
- Are having other Diseases, Drugs or Therapies
Nevanac Ophthalmic Solution 5 ml contains an active ingredient, Nepafenac, which is used in the treatment of Eye Pain and Inflammation and should be given on prescription. You should always consult your doctor for the frequency and dose as age and severity of the disease differ from person to person. Nepafenac is also available in tablet or capsule forms which can be given by your doctor for the treatment of bacterial infections in other body parts.
Patients are advised to take Nevanac Ophthalmic Solution 5 ml at a fixed time, preferably in morning and evening time or prescribed by your doctor. Do not use all eye drops at the same time. Use every eye drops at 5 min intervals.
How Much Of The Nevanac Ophthalmic Solution 5 Ml (Nepafenac) to Be Used?
Patients are always advised to follow their doctor’s prescriptions and instructions to take Nepafenac. It is better to take one drop each eye at one time.
How To Take The Nevanac Ophthalmic Solution 5 Ml (Nepafenac)?
Nevanac Ophthalmic Solution is taken by holding the dropper close to the eye/ear without touching it. Then, gently squeeze the dropper and place the medicine inside the lower eyelid/ear. Wipe off the extra Liquid with a Clean/ Tissue.
For How Long Should You Continue Using Nevanac Ophthalmic Solution 5 Ml (Nepafenac)?
You are always advised to use the Ophthalmic Solution as prescribed by your doctor. You are not advised to take it in a large amount or for a longer time than recommended but you are always advised to complete the course of treatment.
Rinse your eyes thoroughly in case of any irritation or severe symptom of inflammation and contact your doctor immediately if you are suspecting its Overdose.
A missed dose of the Ophthalmic Solution should be taken as soon as you remember. Skip the dose you missed if it is the time for the next dose but do not use it multiple times next time.
What Are The Side Effects Of The Nevanac Ophthalmic Solution 5 Ml (Nepafenac)?
- Eye itching
- Eye Swelling or Pain
- Nepafenac in other dosage forms can cause more side effects not listed here.
What Are The Common Drug Interactions?
Few medicines may interact with Nevanac which can produce some adverse effects or cause your drug not to work properly. You should always tell your doctor if you are on Vitamins, other Drugs or Herbal Supplements so that a well planned medication can be followed. Following are the drugs which interact with Nevanac:
- Blood thinners
Warning and Precaution:
Nevanac Ophthalmic Solution 5 ml should be used very cautiously in:
- Blurred Vision
- Bleeding Problems
- Eye Surgeries
- Pregnant/Breastfeeding Women
- Eye disorders
- Consult your doctor to get best possible treatment and dosage adjustment for the better effects.
Things To Remember:
- Do not touch Ophthalmic Solution tip while using it and use it within 4 weeks of opening it
- Clean your hands before using the Ophthalmic Solution
- Keep out of reach of children
- Consult your doctor if you have any doubt regarding dose, time, and strength of the Tablet
Do not stop earlier /take it for longer than recommended by your physician.
Store it at room temperature in clean and dry place. Do not freeze it.