Pantocid DSR 40 Mg + 30 Mg
USA Brand Name
Pantoprazole + Domperidone
Sun Pharma Laboratories, India
Pantocid DSR (40+30) Mg (Pantoprazole+Domperidone)
What Is The Generic Name For Pantocid DSR (40+30) Mg:
Pantoprazole+Domperidone is the generic version for Pantocid DSR (40+30) mg
Which USA Brand is Equivalent To Pantocid DSR (40+30) Mg:
- Pantocid DSR
About Pantocid DSR (40+30) Mg (Pantoprazole+Domperidone):
Pantocid DSR (40+30) mg contains active ingredients, Pantoprazole, and Domperidone, used in the treatment of Acidity, Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD), Duodenal or Gastric Ulcer, etc. You can buy it from all the drugstores, leading pharmacy, and medical supply stores and can be given by doctor’s prescription only.
Alkem Laboratories (India) is one of the leading pharmaceutical companies which manufacture Pantocid DSR (40+30) mg.
Pantocid DSR (40+30) mg contains an active ingredient, Pantoprazole 40 mg and Domperidone 30mg which is available in the various strengths and substitutes at all the leading pharmacies, drugstores, and medical supply stores.
What Are The Uses Of The Pantocid DSR (40+30) Mg:
Pantocid DSR (40+30) mg is used in the treatment of:
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Non-Ulcerative Dyspepsia
- Duodenal/Gastric Ulcer
How Pantocid DSR (40+30) Mg (Pantoprazole+Domperidone) Works:
Pantocid DSR (40+30) mg has active ingredients:
- Pantoprazole is a proton pump inhibitor (PPI) which basically reduces the amount of acid in the stomach which helps in relief of acid-related indigestion and heartburn.
- Domperidone stimulates the release of a chemical messenger (Acetylcholine) that can increase the motility of the intestine.
Make sure that:
- You are not allergic to Pantoprazole+Domperidone
- You do not take alcohol
- Your doctor knows about your Surgeries, Diseases, Pre-existing disease and Medications, Food Habits, Supplements, etc.)
What Should You Avoid While Taking Pantocid DSR (40+30) Mg:
- You should avoid taking alcohol
- You should avoid Driving or Machine Operating Jobs
- You should strictly avoid taking Medicines without prescriptions
When Not To Use Pantocid DSR (40+30) Mg:
You should avoid Pantocid DSR (40+30) mg if you:
- Have ever noticed any Allergy/Hypersensitivity to it
- Have Heart Problems
- Are suffering from Osteoporosis
- Have tumor of Pituitary Gland
- Have Abnormal Salt levels
- Have Severe Liver/Kidney Impairment
- Are Pregnant/Conceiving
- Have any other serious condition which can be worsened by intake of Pantoprazole+Domperidone
- You should always consult your doctor for suitable and effective treatment
Tell Your Doctor If You:
- Have Allergy to it
- Have Tumor or any Blockage in Intestine
- Have Tumor of Pituitary Gland
- Have any Heart Disease
- Have any Kidney/Liver Disease
- Are taking Alcohol or Other Drugs
- Are Pregnant or Trying to Conceive
- Are Breastfeeding
- Are taking Antifungal and Antibiotics
- Are more than 60 Years of Age
- Are having other Diseases, Drugs or Therapies.
Pantocid DSR (40+30) mg contains the active ingredients, Pantoprazole+Domperidone, used in the treatment of all types of Ulcer and Acidity disease and available in various strengths and substitutes and should be given on prescription only. Pantocid DSR (40+30) mg is well-tolerated medicine and provides relief for a long time but you should always consult your doctor for the duration of dosage as age and severity of the disease differ from person to person.
Adults are advised to take Pantocid DSR (40+30) mg at a fixed time, 15-30 minutes prior to the meal. Do not consume larger or smaller amounts than Prescribed.
How Much Of The Pantocid DSR (40+30) Mg to Be Used:
Patients are always advised to follow their doctor’s prescriptions and instructions to take Pantocid DSR (40+30) mg. It is advisable to take Calcium and Magnesium Supplements while taking this medicine.
How To Take The Pantocid DSR (40+30) Mg:
Pantocid DSR (40+30) mg dose should be taken at a fixed time as directed by your doctor. You must swallow the tablet as a whole with water. Do not chew or crush it. It is better to take it 30 minutes before the meal.
For How Long Should You Continue Using Pantocid DSR (40+30) Mg (Pantoprazole+Domperidone)
You are always advised to take Pantocid DSR (40+30) mg as prescribed by your doctor. You are not advised to take it in a larger amount or for a longer time than recommended.
Contact your doctor immediately if you suspect an Overdose.
A missed dose of Pantocid DSR (40+30) mg should be taken as soon as you remember. Just skip the dose if it is the time for the next dose. Do not double the dose for next time if you missed once.
What Are The Side Effects Of The Pantocid DSR (40+30) Mg:
- Stomach Pain
- Skin Rashes
- Dry Mouth
- Decreased Appetite
- Abdominal pain
What Are The Common Drug Interactions:
Few medicines have been reported to interact with Pantocid DSR (40+30) mg which can produce some adverse effects or cause your drug not to work properly. You should always tell your doctor if you are on Vitamins, other Drugs or Herbal Supplements. It interacts with the following medicines:
- Ketoconazole and other Antifungal Drugs
It interacts with few diseased conditions like:
- Liver Disease
Warning And Precaution:
Pantocid DSR (40+30) mg should be used very cautiously in:
- Impaired Liver/Renal Function
- Bone Fracture (caused due to reduced Calcium Levels in the body)
- Pregnant and breastfeeding women
- Always consult your doctor to get the best possible treatment and dosage adjustment in the above conditions.
Things To Remember:
- Monitor your Magnesium Levels and Kidney Function regularly
- Take Calcium supplements or syrups while taking this medicine
- Keep out of reach of children
- Always consult your doctor if you have any doubt regarding the dose, time, and strength of the Tablet
Do not stop Pantocid DSR (40+30) mg abruptly or do not take it for longer than recommended by your physician
Store the Pantocid DSR (40+30) mg at room temperature in a dark and dry place. Make sure the strip of the tablets should be intact and not damaged.