Trivedon 20 Mg
USA Brand Name
Trivedon 20 Mg (Trimetazidine)
What Is The Generic Name For Trivedon 20 Mg?
Trimetazidine is the generic version for Trivedon 20 mg
Which USA Brand is Equivalent To Trivedon 20 mg (Trimetazidine)?
About Trivedon 20 Mg (Trimetazidine):
Trivedon 20 mg contains an active ingredient, Trimetazidine 20 mg, which prevents Chest Pain (Angina). You can buy it from all the leading pharmacy, drugstores and medical supply stores and can be given by doctor’s prescription only.
Cipla (India) is one of the leading pharmaceutical companies which manufacture Trivedon 20 mg.
Trivedon 20 mg contains an active ingredient, Trimetazidine, 20 mg which is available in the various strengths and substitutes at all the leading pharmacy, drugstores, and medical supply stores.
What Are The Uses Of The Trivedon 20 Mg (Trimetazidine)?
Trivedon 20 mg is used in the treatment of:
Chest Pain (Angina)
How Trivedon 20 Mg (Trimetazidine) Works?
Trivedon 20 mg has an active ingredient, Trimetazidine, decreases the oxygen requirement of the heart by shifting its metabolism from fats to glucose. Thus, the heart works more efficiently.
Before You Use Trivedon 20 Mg (Trimetazidine):
Make sure that:
- You are not allergic to Trimetazidine
- You do not take alcohol
- Your doctor knows about your Surgeries, Diseases, Pre-existing disease and Medications, Food Habits, Supplements, etc.)
What Should You Avoid While Taking Trivedon 20 Mg (Trimetazidine)?
- You should avoid taking alcohol
- You should avoid Driving or Machine Operating Jobs
- You should strictly avoid taking Medicines without prescriptions
When Not To Use Trivedon 20 Mg (Trimetazidine)?
You should avoid Trivedon 20 mg if you:
- Have ever noticed any Allergy/Hypersensitivity to it
- Have Severe Liver/Kidney Impairment
- Have gone through any Surgical/Dental procedure
- Are Pregnant/Conceiving
- You should always consult your doctor for suitable and effective treatment
Tell Your Doctor If You:
- Have Allergy to it
- Have other Heart Diseases
- Have Parkinson’s Disease
- Have any Intestinal/Stomach Disease
- Have any Kidney/Liver Disease
- Are Pregnant or Trying to Conceive
- Are Breastfeeding
- Are having other Diseases, Drugs or Therapies
Trivedon 20 mg contains an active ingredient, Trimetazidine, which is used in the prevention of Chest pain. Trivedon 20 mg is available in various strengths and substitutes and should be given on prescription only. You should always consult your doctor for the duration of dosage as age and severity of the disease differ from person to person.
Adults are advised to take Trivedon 20 mg at a fixed time, with or without food. Do not consume larger or smaller amounts than Prescribed. It is not recommended for the Children and adolescents (Pediatric Population) and Caution is required to use in Old age People (Geriatric Population)
How Much Of The Trivedon 20 Mg (Trimetazidine) to Be Used?
Patients are always advised to follow their doctor’s prescriptions and instructions to take Trivedon 20 mg.
How To Take The Trivedon 20 Mg (Trimetazidine)?
Trivedon 20 mg dose should be taken at a fixed time as directed by your doctor. You must swallow the tablet as a whole with water. Do not chew or crush it. It is better to take it with or without food.
For How Long Should You Continue Using Trivedon 20 Mg (Trimetazidine)?
You are always advised to take Trivedon 20 mg as prescribed by your doctor. You are not advised to take it in a larger amount or for a longer time than recommended.
Contact your doctor immediately if you suspect an Overdose.
A missed dose of Trivedon 20 mg should be taken as soon as you remember. Skip the dose if it is the time for the next dose. Do not double the dose for next time if you missed once.
What Are The Side Effects Of The Trivedon 20 Mg (Trimetazidine)?
- Nausea and vomiting
- Abdominal pain
What Are The Common Drug Interactions?
Few medicines have been reported to interact with Trivedon 20 mg which can produce some adverse effects or cause your drug not to work properly. You should always tell your doctor if you are on Vitamins, other Drugs or Herbal Supplements. It interacts with the following medicines:
It interacts with few diseased conditions like:
- Parkinson’s Disease
- Severe Renal Impairment
Warning And Precaution:
Trivedon 20 mg should be used very cautiously in:
- Gastrointestinal Disease
- Caution is required to use it in Geriatric Population (> 65 years of age)
- It is not recommended for Unstable Angina and Heart Attack.
- Always consult your doctor to get the best possible treatment and dosage adjustment in the above conditions.
Things To Remember:
- Monitor your Platelet Counts Regularly
- Always contact your doctor if you are having unusual bleeding
- Keep out of reach of children
- Always consult your doctor if you have any doubt regarding the dose, time, and strength of the Tablet
Do not stop Trivedon 20 mg abruptly or do not take it for longer than recommended by your physician
Store the Trivedon 20 mg at room temperature in dark and dry place. Make sure the strip of the tablets should be intact and not damaged.