Vigora 100 Mg
|US Brand Name|| Sildenafil|
|Generic Name||Sildenafil citrate|
About the Brand Name
Vigora is the brand name of the medicine which is also known by its generic name called Sildenafil. Vigora 100 Mg is manufactured by Zydus Cadila(German Remedies Ltd.). It is an Indian pharmaceutical company having headquarters at Ahemdabad in Gujrat, India.
About the drug Vigora 100
Vigora 100 is a drug of choice for erectile dysfunction. Vigora 100 consists of Sildenafil citrate which is an active ingredient for conditions like erectile dysfunction and pulmonary arterial hypertension. Sildenafil citrate acts by increasing the blood flow in sexual organs of the body, especially penis. Vigora 100 helps to maximize the experience during sexual intercourse. It is especially for use among men and must be avoided by women and children.
Manufacturer of Vigora 100
Vigora 100 Mg is manufactured by Zydus Cadila which is a fully integrated, global healthcare provider. The company has earned a reputation amongst Indian pharmaceutical companies for providing comprehensive and complete healthcare solutions.
Strengths and Dosage of Vigora 100
The drug is available in two strengths, such as:-
- Vigora 50 mg which contains the active ingredient in 50 mg strength.
- Vigora 100 mg which contains the active ingredient in 100 mg strength.
US Brands equal to Vigora 100
Sildenafil citrate brands which are available in the USA are VIAGRA by Pfizer. Another brand by Pfizer in the same category as REVATIO (Sildenafil citrate).
Generic versions of VIAGRA available in the USA are, PENEGRA, ZENEGRA, ERIACTA, SILDIGRA, FILAGRA, CAVERTA, SILAGRA
Uses of Sildenafil Citrate, the salt in Vigora 100
Vigora 100mg helps in the treatment of various other medical conditions, such as:-
- Erectile Dysfunction: Erectile dysfunction is a condition that involves the inability to erect the penis for the purpose of sexual intercourse, also called male impotency. Many reasons result in the condition of erectile dysfunction such as diabetes, psychological disorders, use of anti-depressant medications, etc. When enough blood flow to the penis is restricted, it results in erectile dysfunction or impotency in men.
- Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension: Pulmonary arterial hypertension is a condition which describes the shortness of breath because of narrowing of arteries in the lungs. This results in an increase in the functioning of the heart to pump at higher efforts.
- As a result, it causes shortness of breath and decreases the inability to perform exercises. There are many causes for pulmonary hypertension which ranges from congestive heart problems to birth defects. Pulmonary hypertension thus means narrowing or blockage of arteries which supply blood to the heart.
How Vigora 100 works?
Sildenafil Citrate acts by blocking the degradation of Cyclic guanosine monophosphate (cGMP) by PDE 5. Cyclic guanosine monophosphate is responsible for increasing the flow of blood and vasodilation in the penile region of the body. Phosphodiesterase type 5 works by binding with cGMP and reducing its availability in the body parts. By blocking the activity of PDE-5 and increasing the availability of cGMP in blood, sildenafil citrate helps to cure erectile dysfunction.
Additionally, Vigora 100 Mg is also used for both men and women to cure the signs and symptoms of pulmonary arterial hypertension (blood pressure that occurs between the heart and the lungs). It occurs when the blood vessels in the lungs become narrow, causing resistance to the flow of blood and making it difficult for the heart to beat.
How to take Vigora 100?
Always consume Vigora 100 Mg as directed by the doctor. Always remember to follow instructions as provided in the prescription because the medicine will work efficiently and without any unwanted side effects only when used correctly. Hence, the patient should follow the instructions of consuming the medicine and its dosage.
Vigora 100 Mg is taken orally with a glass of water without being chewed or crushed. It should be swallowed entirely. There is no harm in consuming the drug with an empty stomach.
The ideal dose of Vigora 100 is not more than 100 mg in a day. Satisfactory dosage is not more than 100 mg.
How long Vigora 100 should be continued?
Vigora 100 shall be taken only after consultation with a registered medical practitioner. Your doctor will give you the details on how to take the drug, when to take the drug, & for how long? Generally, your doctor will advise you to take it on a need basis, which is before sexual intercourse. Generally, consume it 30 to 60 minutes before intercourse.
What If a dose of Vigora 100 is missed?
Generally, the ideal time to consume medicine is before sexual intercourse. However, in case you have missed the dose don’t take it more than once in a day. Shift to next dosing schedule which is mainly before next intercourse act.
Drug Interactions for Sildenafil Citrate
Till today almost 460 drug interactions have been reported with the use of sildenafil citrate. There are some common drug that shows interactions with Vigora 100, such as:-
When NOT to take Vigora 100
Do not take Vigora 100 in some conditions, such as:-
- You have an allergy to any ingredients in Vigora 100
- In case you have Pulmonary Veno-occlusive Disease
- If you are consuming nitrates
- In case you are taking another PDE-5 inhibitor such as tadalafil or vardenafil
Side effects / Adverse Effects of Vigora 100
The medicine generally doesn’t have marked side effects. However, it ranges from patient to patient and person to person. However, there are some common side effects, such as:-
- Stuffy nose
Overdose side effects of the Sildenafil Citrate or Vigora 100
Overdose symptoms include dizziness, fainting, or painful/prolonged erection. If you experience any of these, search for immediate medical help.
The people of the United States can call the local poison control centre at 1800-222-1222.
General information about Vigora 100
- Do not take Vigora 100 without consultation with doctor
- Get complete information on how to use drug if the condition remains for long term
- In case symptoms persist even after taking the medicine, consult your doctor immediately.