Cardivas 25 Mg
USA Brand Name
Sun Pharma Laboratories,India
Cardivas-25 is marketed globally by Sun Pharma and is available at every leading online pharmacy, drugstore and medical supply store. The active ingredient present in Cardivas-25 is Carvedilol. Carvedilol is used in the treatment of Hypertension, Heart failure and Left ventricular dysfunction following myocardial infarction.
Manufacturer of Cardivas-25
Cardivas-25 that contains 25 mg of carvedilol is manufactured by Sun Pharma. It is mainly marketed and supplied by the company and its associates in India.
Cardivas-25 contains 25 mg of Carvedilol.
USA Brands Equivalent to Carvedilol, The Salt in Cardivas-25
Use of Carvedilol, The Salt in Cardivas-25
- It is used to treat Hypertension.
- It is used to treat Heart failure.
- It is used to treat Left Ventricular Dysfunction after Myocardial Infarction.
- Hypertension: It is a long term medical condition in which the blood pressure in the arteries is persistently elevated.
- Heart failure: It is a condition in which the heart is unable to pump sufficiently to maintain the blood flow to meet the body’s needs.
- Left Ventricular Dysfunction: It is a medical condition in which the left-lower chamber of heart is not functioning properly.
How Cardivas-25 Works
Cardivas-25, that contains Carvedilol, works by blocking your alpha and beta receptors in the heart. It thereby decreases your elevated blood pressure.
How To Take Cardivas-25
Cardivas-25, that contains the salt Carvedilol, should be taken with food. More information will be given by your doctor.
Carvedilol, the active salt in Cardivas-25 is available in dosages which range from 3.125 mg to 25mg at every leading online pharmacy, drugstore and medical supply store. A more specific dose will be directed by your doctor.
How Long Should I Continue Taking Cardivas-25?
It is always advisable to consult your physician before you start/stop taking the drug. Avoid taking such decisions on your own and do not self-medicate.
A missed dose should be taken as soon as you remember it. However, if it is almost time for the next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular schedule. Do not take multiple doses at the same time
Drugs That Interact With Carvedilol, The Salt in Cardivas-25
Tell Your Physician
- If you have asthma, lung problems, any other breathing problems or an abnormal heartbeat.
- If you have any liver disease.
When not to take Cardivas-25
Do not take Cardivas-25 if you have an allergic reaction to the salt or any of the excipients present in the formulation.
Side Effects of Cardivas-25
Even though rare, there can be few adverse effects like:
- Allergic reactions like: rashes, hives, itching, tightness in chest etc.
- Dizziness or passing out.
- Unable to pass urine.
- Chest pain
- Loose stools
- Weight gain
Overdose of Carvedilol, The Salt in Cardivas-25
Possible effects of over dosage vary from person to person. Immediately contact with the poison information center and seek medical care.
General Information and Precautions
- Tell your physician if you are allergic to carvedilol or any other component of this drug.
- Check your BP, heart rate and blood sugar regularly.
- Cardivas may cause dizziness, therefore, rise up slowly after sitting or lying down.
- Tell your doctor if you feel any intolerable side effects.
- Do not stop taking the drug without consulting your doctor.