Caverta 50 Mg
USA Brand Name
Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd.
Caverta 50 Mg (Sildenafil Citrate)
What Is The Generic Name For Caverta 50 Mg?
Sildenafil Citrate is the generic version for Caverta 50 mg
Which USA Brand is Equivalent To Caverta 50 mg (Sildenafil Citrate)?
About Caverta 50 Mg (Sildenafil Citrate):
Caverta 50 mg contains an active ingredient Sildenafil Citrate 50 mg, which is used in the treatment of Erectile Dysfunction and Pulmonary Hypertension. You can buy it from all the leading pharmacy, drugstores and medical supply stores and can be given by doctor’s prescription only.
Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd. is one of the leading pharmaceutical companies which manufacture Caverta 50 mg.
Caverta 50 mg contains an active ingredient, Sildenafil Citrate 50 mg which is available in the various strengths and substitutes at all the leading pharmacies, drugstores, and medical supply stores.
What Are The Uses Of The Caverta 50 Mg (Sildenafil Citrate)?
Caverta 50 mg is used in:
- Erectile Dysfunction
- Pulmonary arterial hypertension
How Caverta 50 Mg (Sildenafil Citrate) Works?
Caverta 50 mg contains an active ingredient Sildenafil Citrate, is a phosphodiesterase (PDE-5) which basically works in erectile dysfunction by increasing blood flow to the penis by relaxing the muscle in penile blood vessels. It works in pulmonary hypertension by relaxing the blood vessels in the lungs to allow blood to flow more easily.
Before You Use Caverta 50 Mg (Sildenafil Citrate):
Make sure that:
- You are not allergic to Sildenafil Citrate
- You do not take alcohol
- Your doctor knows about your Surgeries, Diseases, Pre-existing disease and Medications, Food Habits, Supplements, etc.)
What Should You Avoid While Taking Caverta 50 Mg (Sildenafil Citrate)?
- You should avoid taking alcohol
- You should avoid Driving or Machine Operating Jobs
- You should strictly avoid taking Medicines without prescriptions
When Not To Use Caverta 50 Mg (Sildenafil Citrate)?
You should avoid Caverta 50 mg if you:
- Have ever noticed any Allergy/Hypersensitivity to it
- You should always consult your doctor for suitable and effective treatment
Tell Your Doctor If You:
- Are Pregnant
- Are taking Nitrates
- Ever had a Stroke/Heart Attack/Low Blood Pressure
- Have Severe Liver Disease
- You observe a sudden decrease in Hearing and/or Loss of Vision
- Are having other Diseases, Drugs or Therapies
Caverta 50 mg contains an active ingredient, Sildenafil Citrate 50 mg, used in the treatment of Erectile Dysfunction and Pulmonary Hypertension. Caverta 50 mg is available in various strengths and substitutes and should be given on prescription only. You should always consult your doctor before use and always ask for the frequency and dosage as age and severity of the disease differ from person to person.
Adults are advised to take Caverta 50 mg at a fixed time, preferably with food. Do not consume larger or smaller amounts than Prescribed.
How Much Of The Caverta 50 Mg (Sildenafil Citrate) to Be Used?
Patients are always advised to follow their doctor’s prescriptions and instructions to take Caverta 50 mg.
How To Take The Caverta 50 Mg (Sildenafil Citrate)?
Caverta 50 mg dose should be taken at a fixed time as directed by your doctor. You must swallow the tablet as a whole with water. Do not chew or crush it. It is better to take it with food to avoid stomach upset.
For How Long Should You Continue Using Caverta 50 Mg?
You are always advised to take Caverta 50 mg as prescribed by your doctor. You are not advised to take it in a large amount or for a longer time than recommended.
Contact your doctor immediately if you suspect an Overdose.
A missed dose of Caverta 50 mg should be taken as soon as you remember. Skip the dose if it is the time for the next dose. Do not double the dose for next time if you missed once.
What Are The Side Effects Of The Caverta 50 Mg (Sildenafil Citrate)?
- Bloody Nose
- Burning, Numbness, Tingling in the Arms and Feet
- Prolonged and Painful Erection
- Bloody and Cloudy Urine
- Changes in Vision
- Sensitivity to Light
- Painful Urination
What Are The Common Drug Interactions?
Few medicines have been reported to interact with Caverta 50 mg which can produce some adverse effects or cause your drug not to work properly. You should always tell your doctor if you are on Vitamins, other Drugs or Herbal Supplements. It interacts with the following medicines:
It interacts with diseased conditions like:
- Cardiovascular disease
- Kidney disease
- Disease of the Retina
Warning And Precaution:
- Caverta 50 mg should be used very cautiously:
- With the medication for lowering the Blood Pressure
- In the patients having Physical Deformity of the Penis or Patients had Painful Erection lasting for more than 4 hours
- In the case of Surgery including Dental Procedures
- It is not recommended for Breastfeeding/Pregnant women and Pediatric Population.
- Always consult your doctor to get the best possible treatment and dosage adjustment in the above conditions.
Things To Remember:
- Keep out of reach of children
- Always consult your doctor if you have any doubt regarding the dose, time, and strength of the Tablet
Do not stop Caverta 50 mg abruptly or do not take it for longer than recommended by your physician
Store the Caverta 50 mg at room temperature in dark and dry place. Make sure the strip of the tablets should be intact and not damaged.